Item Code: 154211
- For grazes, minor burns and scalds and treatment of minor skin infections.
- Do not use if hypersensitive to iodine.
- If redness, irritation, pain or swelling persists, discontinue use and consult a doctor.
- Povidone-iodine preparations should not be applied over a long period and to large areas of the skin (e.g.
- not to more than 10% of the total body surface and for not longer than 14 days) unless strictly indicated.
- Not recommended during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- Do not use if known to have thyroid disease including goiter, thyroid nodules, or other thyroid diseases (especially elderly patients) as there may be a risk of developing hyperthyroidism from the administration of large amounts of iodine.
- It should not be used for 4 weeks prior to treatment for cancer of the thyroid.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Wash wound with clean running water.
- Clean with disposable sterile swabs.
- Using sterile gauze, dry the wound first, followed by the surrounding skin.
- When the wound has stopped bleeding, apply the appropriate Betadine® product to the wound and to the surrounding skin.
- Cover wound with appropriate size dressing if friction with clothing or further injury is likely.
- Secure dressing with conforming cotton bandage, fastened with safety pin or adhesive tape.
Note: Prices include GST (where applicable)